pneumatic air gun Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKMKtpaq1gE We stop by Jamie's shop to learn about his newest tool: a high-pressure air gun that can fire less-than-lethal rubber shots for riot control. It's like a really powerful paintball gun. Jamie demonstrates the cannon's various settings, and then tests it with a different kind of ammunition. Eclipse air gun
AI controlled gun Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NUx7lgxrE glass ball coated in rubber. Weight increase from 3gram nylon ball to 6gram glass ball has a significant kinetic impact. No wonder Tasmania banned paintball guns. An intruder with a knife can easily be taken down. Yolo neural net mounted on Tracked vehicle rc robot allows for automated targeting and take down of a gun wielding intruder. Biggest issue with this setup is figuring out how not to shoot yourself, nor responding security guards.
A hybrid solution would be best. Mount the marker on a Gimbal, Lidar, PID control, Optical encoders hand held platform. Yolo identifies the intruders but will only engage if you physically pull the trigger. The Pose estimation neural network identifies faces for effective shot placement. Nvidia Jetson is fitted with 5meg camera modules(Econsystems) streaming uncompressed YUV. In between firing rounds the Jetson flashes high power green LEDs fitted in parabolic reflectors, disorienting intruders. Swarming Hackflight and Movidius compute stick executing Yolo facial detection micro drones flashes a 10w green led (not laser!) into the intruder's eyes in close proximity. (laser usage needs extra precautions to protect your own eyes).
Yolo scales the kinetic energy of the pellet, depending on threat level(detecting gun in hands of intruder). Lidar scales the kinetic impact, a round that would will kill at 2m would incapacitate at 10m.
Relying on 5.8 and 2.4ghz wifi MeshNetworking to coordinate a drone attack is problematic as wifi jamming is trivial to do. An illegal Rf Transceiver on a frequency that only you know about must be used for wifi and only in a drone attack situation, so that it can't be scanned for previously by a sniffer network. You could for example program your AI system to use maximum force and engage targets if it detects wifi jamming.
Hack the pneumatic design and increase the barrel diameter, thickness and air pressure slightly and you will push the ball right through an intruder. Standard markers can't handle the high pressures needed to take down an intruder effectively. A large diameter Net gun firing a rubber ball will be able to knock a person down and easily kill him if the settings are to high.
- http://bullsbreakerballs.com/shop/oringinal-bulls-breaker-balls/bulls-breaker-balls/ can shoot through car window with standard paintball marker.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NUx7lgxrE The most powerful paintball gun on the market today should be this one, the Tiberius T4.1 with a 35ci Ninja HPA Tank, output at 850psi. It is shooting at a skull splitting 32.4 JOULES with BREAKER BALLS! The gun can fire up to 36 joules with 1200psi output tank (proven in my own lab test) and can even boost up to 40 joules if more work is done on the reg and tank. The Tiberius T8.1 and T9.1 can max get up to 28 joules and sometimes to 30 joules mark, but not the 32 joules in a consistent manner yet. This T4.1 is totally outstanding. We have shot a mag off camera and it is still going around this power throughout the mag, which proved you that it is not a fluke or peak shot, it's the AVERAGE power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIClSu6D80I full auto, 15 ball/s. Shooting the Empire BT Dfender paintball marker (0.68 Cal) with graphite coated breaker balls at full auto on a denim wrapped target. The gun is firing at 28-30 joules. http://shop.empirepaintball.com/product/538/empire-d-fender-marker
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjpgGvnjFEA tiberius best handgun. DIY Machine design solution is to make barrel out of titanium, allowing for increased gas pressure even to the point where the glass ball will go through a person.
Pepperball wyz228g youtube Industrial three port direction control valve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJAmw6bvQw DIY airgun valves 1.2mil views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIhzovpaT7o Hammer valve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmrbhq6WK8Q diy airgun shoots through a brick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCA8AtrzsLM Armor piercing pellets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bxE7rxY6fU Airgun that Shoots Arrows - FX Verminator Extreme MKII . Shoots a crossbow arrow with compressed air.
https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/44819-Airbow Airbow, shoots arrows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyUZrnvt2Zw tippmann marker mechanism.
Sentry gun Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTs7VRFV36c mounted on lazy susan or turntable bearing .
Pepper balls Edit
Place small lead ball inside nylon ball. It would probably increase kinetic energy by a factor of two. Cut nylon ball in half and drill small half hole for lead ball. Melt both sides of nylon ball , insert lead ball and quickly squeeze together. Probably a simpler idea is to drill to the center of the nylon ball, insert the lead ball and then seal it with molten nylon. Recycled nylon is available for R10/kg from Ames agencies Jhb.
Usually we try to prevent an intruder from breaking into a specific room. An alternative is to allow him to break in and then blast him with pepper ball using OpenTLD controlled tracking robot.
- On perimeter intrusion in bush shoot intruder with scent ball
- Each room has steel hooks on which to mount a removable steel security door, blocking the intruders path.
- Place a pepperball robot turret inside that room fitted with SerialCameras and blast the intruder with paintball and pepperball, thus avoiding a murder or attempted murder charge.
Strobe flashing LED Edit
http://sunpowersystems.co.za/?page_id=2 Most intruder alarm systems simply let you know that someone has passed within the detection zone. Until you or your armed response service arrives on the scene no response action can be taken. With the specially developed PBM paint ball deterrent, you have an instant and powerful response capability, yet it is less than lethal. The machine can deliver up to 10 rounds of paint ball missiles per second in 5 second bursts, aimed where the eye has picked up movement or a heat signal. It delivers a simple and powerful targeted message… ,
- http://sunpowersystems.co.za/?page_id=261 Inferno Strobocop LED produces a blinding, intense flashlight that renders the intruder unable to see. Inferno Strobocop LED has an irregular flash pattern to shock and disorientate. It effects and reduces the sense of locality in dark spaces. Inferno Strobocop LED is with advantage combined with Inferno Sound Barriers for maximum effect, but can be used as a stand-alone security device.
- http://sunpowersystems.co.za Empire BT 4 Combat Slice G36 Paintball Marker
- http://sunpowersystems.co.za/?page_id=197 "....Triggering this safe means you are immediately back in control …not the intruder. Safe supplied with alarmed door trigger...." Well at least somebody is reading this wiki, such an obvious idea that was wikified years ago...
- http://inferno.se Sound system, creates unbearable noise with stobe flashing to disorient.
Net gun Edit
- Place Net gun on robot turret in each room.
- See Tazer gun for alternative model from Russia.
- Do specifically not place a pepper ball gun in each room on turrent: eventually something will go wrong and the occupants be shot with pepper ball.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_Incapacitator place under Laser gun
Facial recognition Edit
FacialRecognition software determines if a foreign person is in house and aim the pepperball gun on his face. Such a setup is actually more deadly and effective than a fire-arm. One wouldn't attach a gun to a turret it could get stolen and involves a mandatory murder investigation. Pepperball only involves an assault investigation. It would be foolish to confront an armed intruder with a pepper ball physically in person. Rather have a RoboTics Club, Robotics Wiki, RoboTics do it.
It will also force him to discharge his fire-arm. Under South-African law if there is any doubt as to whether extreme force was law-full, the first person that shoots is usually the guilty party. There was a case where a policemen and home occupant mistakenly both fired at each other at the same time. The NPA prosecuted the person which ballistics showed pulled the trigger first.
Smoke canister in each room Edit
- Have a gasmask available.
- Place a hidden smoke generator canister in each room.
- Intruder won't be able to see in front of him and the smoke will be choking.
- Thermal cameras will be able to see through smoke.
- Incapacitate with Net gun
Targeting intruders non-lethally Edit
Mount green lasers of suitable power output around the house to target an intruders eyes on RC servo's. An optical dispersion lens is used to widen the laser beam. Facial tracking is done using OpenTLD. As the target moves, his face is targeted automatically with the software, focusing multiple green flashing lasers, which will make it impossible to see. If a high powered laser it used an intruder could even be blinded, use low wattage laser. What happens in 99% of cases with a system like this, is the owner of the house gets a shot full of green laser light accidentally after forgetting to de-activate the alarm on returning from work. It is to protect your own vision that lasers be used which can't inflict permanent damage.
Mount the laser on a robot, armed with pepper ball gun and laser. Again , what eventually will happen is the software will shortcircuit and the owner get blasted in the face with his own robot. It is difficult if not impossible to prevent this from happening if military like protocol and safety procedures are't followed. Rather mount a Net gun which isn't harmful .
Acid balls Edit
Fill glass balls with acid, which would make a pepper ball gun just as effective as a fire-arm.
RC controlled paintball turret Edit
Try and avoid any type of wireless signal to control a turret, it can easily be jammed or hacked. Use fixed wires.
- http://www.trossenrobotics.com/c/robot-turrets.aspx Robotic turret platform
- http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/paintball-turret/Overview.aspx Project 1
- http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/AirSoft_Turret_V2/Overview.aspx pr.2
External Links Edit
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/12/05/1229044/0/en/Digital-Ally-Awarded-Patent-on-Its-Wirelessly-Conducted-Electroshock-Weapon.html The U.S. Patent Office will issue on December 12, 2017, U.S. Patent No. 9,841,259 (the '259 Patent) for a wirelessly conducted electronic weapon system, referred to as a Non-Lethal Weapon, and typically utilized by law enforcement personnel to control noncompliant and aggressive subjects. As designed, the electroshock weapon would fire a wireless direct contact projectile from a launcher to administer the shock to the subject. The launcher is controlled by radio frequency. In addition to reducing the projectile velocity at launch and allowing the officer to control the shock wirelessly through radio frequency, the Company's wirelessly controlled electronic weapon is designed to be compact, easy to carry, and provide improved accuracy. This weapon combines the advantages of conventional conducted electroshock weapons (CEWs) and long-range electroshock weapons without the wires and safety threat limitations the current technology poses to the subject. The technology embodied in Digital Ally’s ’259 Patent represents a significant advancement to current CEW technology, which is many years old https://patents.google.com/patent/US9841259B2/en
tazer xrep Edit
(mod this to work with gas) A transformer converts alternating current from one voltage to another through a series of coils wrapped around a core -- two wires coiled around an iron nail could be a simple transformer. As electricity travels through the first coil of wires around the core, it creates a magnetic field. The magnetic field induces an electric field, which causes electrons to travel through the second coil of wires. There are step-up transformers that increase the voltage from an incoming source of electricity or step-down transformers that decrease the voltage.
The reason the XREP needs a step-up transformer is to create enough voltage to induce NMI in the target. Too few volts and the subject won't be incapacitated. Too many, and the target could be killed. To keep the Taser XREP from becoming a lethal weapon, Taser limits the amount of current flowing through the system to a few milliamps.
http://www.morphfire.com/converters/morphfire-spyder-converters.asp converts market to bb machine gun 600fps.
http://www.pepperammo.com Lookup PotatoGun
http://www.maticss.co.za/pepper%20gas%20alarm.html peppergas alarm sprays room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdeXcGkqT_4 smoke from wax crayons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgCTOPts-GA .50cal air gun
Diabolo backwards pellet Edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-RnJekpLU&t=33s I've lost count how many people have lectured us about how projectiles must be forward-heavy in order to have stable flight. That is just common-sense, after all. It is how a shuttlecock function. The diabolo shape (not diablo) is almost magical and might be the perfect aerodynamic shape. Not only does it fly well forward, it flies well backwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykeDpmcutA In this study, we propel SOLID diabolo slugs at subsonic and transonic velocities to see if this shape is stable in flight. These are quite heavy since there is virtually no cavity in the skirt, and this also affects the balance a bit. The physics of these large pellets can probably be translated to smaller caliber air rifle pellets if I'm not mistaken. I believe some of the hiccups we saw can be blamed on the wad I was using. A lot of leakage which likely affected the velocity AND the transitional ballistics (the moment it leaves the barrel) and knocking the slug out of orientation a bit. v